Yes you can hide in a corner, worry about winkles, or succumb to aching joints and fatigue. Consider, however, where will that road take you? 30 is not very old when you are turning 50. However, I wonder how many people are turning 30? Baby boomers: someone turns 50 every second. My suspicion is that the 30 years are catching up to those numbers too! If you are living a demanding stressful lifestyle your signs of ageing can show up in either decade. Hide or take action? You choose. If you are thirty, changing your habits now will really pay off later too.
Appearance, self-esteem, health, and energy compose seveal factors in feeling healthy. When fatigue comes crashing down as if the thundercloud has fallen and pinned you down, little will help your vitality quotient. Giving up stress may not seem on the horizon, and the toxin squad runs circles around. What are you to do?
Watch out age busters flying all about know just what you need. Here’s a few pointers. Take notes. Make your own lists, and feel free to share this article.
- Too tired to care? Grab 2 teabags, some epstein salts, or dead sea salts. Run a hot bath. Choose your added ingredient (splurge and maybe use 2 ingredients) and add to your bath. Make a hot drink or tea while the tub runs. Turn on soothing music. Submerge. If you are a parent of young children, take the bath before their baths. Assign caretaking duties to the other parent.
- Peppermint tea is very relaxing and detoxes gently. Black tea tanins can pull out toxins,salts ease tensions, and may relax muscle aches.
- Stretching. Create stretching exercises that you can do anywhere. Perhaps you’d rather look at books, or take a yoga class. Stretching keeps the body flexible and promotes relaxation. You may begin to glow from within, and feel stronger. Toned bodies look younger too.
- Dump commercial make up. Run to the nearest health food store and choose organic or very natural make up. You will eliminate harsh chemicals and harmful toxins.
- Footbaths and foot rubs. These will imrpove circulation, relaxation, and organ health.
- Juice veggies and fruits, Juicing creates high powered concetrated anti-oxidants that nourish and cleanse the body. Make your liver happier.
- Eat organically.
- Get enough rest. Use magnesium powder in a drink before bed.
- Release emotions. Breathe.
- Be yourself. Play. Dance. Retire the self critic. Find a hert full of love and compassion.
If you want more in depth suggestions, attend Louise Swartswater’s class/workshop at Vitamin Cottage. You can contact Louise S. at Albuquerque Natural Health Center or call for an appointment at 505.797.0540.
She has also wriiten an article in Truly Alive magazine, available free at many local newstands. Truly ALive provides a great resource to see what is happening in Albuquerque’s Alternative Health communities.
Here’s a different twist.