One of the most popular resolutions each New Year is weight loss. Now that we are nearly a month into the New Year how many of you have stayed the course and actually acheived any success with a lifestyle change, particularly exercise? If you have bitten off more than you can chew then you are probably already discouraged.
There is one important person who can help you reach your fitness and weight loss goals and that would be a personal trainer. Jake Thompson, a local certified personal trainer in Gainesville, says “Having access to a personal trainer is an invaluable resource for anyone who truly wants to live life to the fullest. We work closely with our clients to help them look and feel better, and to reach their optimum potential.”
Here are the 10 reasons he gives to reach optimal fitness with a personal trainer;
1. Motivation – A personal trainer wears many hats, serving not only as coach, but also as an educator, confidante, role model, and a major source of motivation and encouragement.
2. Consistency – Do you find it difficult to stick to your program? Scheduling regular appointments with a personal trainer helps eliminate any excuses you may come up with for not exercising.
3. Safety – Your trainer will show you how to exercise safely (including which exercises to avoid), and instruct you on the proper and safe use of exercise equipment.
4. Individualized Instructions – An exercise program that works for one person may not work for another. A personal trainer will develop the most effective program for you based on your fitness evaluation results and personal goals.
5. Effective Workouts – Today’s hectic lifestyle means you don’t have to waste time on ineffective exercise routines. Personal trainers help maximize your time by providing workouts designed to meet your goals quickly and efficiently.
6. Supervision – Need someone to spot you while you do your pull-ups? Looking for feedback on your running form? That’s what your personal trainer is for: to observe, assist, and if necessary, correct as needed.
7. Sports-Specific Training – Whether you want to shave some strokes of your golf score or beat your brother-in-law at tennis, a personal trainer can tailor your program to your sport of choice.
8. Injury Rehabilitation – An experienced personal trainer can make the road to recovery a smooth one by recommending exercises that emphasize overall muscular balance to prevent future injuries.
9. Special-Needs Training – Research confirms that individuals with health challenges such as diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis, or heart disease benefit greatly from regular physical activity. These conditions, however, can make exercising safely a challenge. Many personal trainers are experienced in designing programs that address the special needs of these and other conditions.
10. Ego Boost – It’s a fact, feeling good makes you look good, and vice versa. Not only can personal trainers help you achieve your health and fitness goals; they provide you with positive feedback on your performance and bolster your confidence to take on new challenges.
To learn more how Jake can help you achieve your fitness goals and other services he offers, please visit the JT Personal Training website at www.jtpersonaltraining.com or start today by calling 352-222-9457.
You can receive new articles for free by subscribing above. Thank you for visiting my page. Check out other articles available to read at my home page. Please share.