Have some free time? Need to click something? Here are 5 links to help your brain feel less itchy.
1. Amy Poehler was on The Actors Studio and of course she mentioned IO and her amazing experience working with an ensemble and learning from Del Close. Here is a link what Amy has to say.
2. Sad On Vacation’s goal is to produce original, professional-quality alternative video sketch comedy. Sad on Vacation’s sketches combine a surreal reality with a parallel pop culture that’s eerily plausible. While they’ve all had success in the past in various comedy venues, SadOnVacation.com is truly what they are most proud of in their careers.
The founding members of Sad On Vacation (Jon Barinholtz, Mort Burke, Wes Haney, Conner O’Malley, George McAuliffe, Andrew Peyton, Mark Vannier, Sam Weiner, Chris Witaske) have been performing together in different capacities for the better part of the last four years in Chicago. Some of their credits include critically acclaimed shows at the iO Theater, The Annoyance Theatre, The Second City, TBS Just For Laughs Festival, Stand-up Tour with David Cross, and many, many others.
3. You need to sign up for The Annoyance Theatre Mailing List. It will send you News from The Annoyance. “A Note from Mick” by founder Mick Napier is the REAL reason you should sign up. He’s a genius.
Highlights from his notes include:
“Did you know that f*ing is fun? Is sex more betterest for The President Of The United States??!! YOUR LIFE is just as good. What does the president eat? Well, of course, he eats the best food in the world. Maybe steak, or a lobster. You’ve HAD a steak and LOBSTER in your life!! You’ve eaten the BEST FOOD available on the ENTIRE PLANET! Your life is as good as the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!”
“Now let’s talk about Facebook. Here is why you like Facebook. It is the cocaine of petty affirmation.”
4. The Huffington Post picked The Funniest People Of The ’00s
“Whatever we call the past 9 years — the Naughts, the Aughts, the 2000s — we can all agree it’s been tumultuous at best. The only way we’ve stayed sane is by watching these people mock it all. Of course, there are some surprises on the list: Folks who made us laugh without trying, but they’re no less laughable than those who make a career of comedy.”
5. Out of NY and the brain of Ali Farahnakian comes The Improvisation News
Read “The Coach’s Corner” on staying in the moment: