When Disney World opened there were only two resorts on the property (The Contemporary and the Polynesian) and one park, The Magic Kingdom. Now there are numerous resort, four parks, two water parks and a downtown area.
The Downtown area is a great place to spend the night. Plan at least one night to go for dinner, shopping and maybe a show.
Each resort offers free transportation all around the property, pools, food courts and more!
The resorts all vary by price and theme:
Deluxe: (Most expensive, some have villas part of the Disney Vacation Club)
– Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
– Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
– Disney’s Contemporary Resort
– Disney’s Polynesian Resort
– Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
– Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
– Disney’s Beach Club Resort
– Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
– Disney’s Old Key West Resort
– Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Moderate (Best for families)
– Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
– Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
– Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
Value (Best for teens or with a large group)
– Disney’s Pop Century Resort
– Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
– Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
– Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground offers different areas for different prices such as tents, RV hook ups and Cabins.
– Deluxe: BoardWalk (The Resort is an attraction in itself and is walking distance to Epcot)
– Moderate: Caribbean Beach (Each island includes a beach and pool, very private and quiet)
– Value: Pop Century (The newest of the value, has a bus stop all it’s own where the All-Star share one)
– The Swan & Dolphin are on Disney property however not run by the Disney Company.
– Depending on the time of year changes the price of the room.
– Disney does not offer rollaway cots, so plan ahead.
– There is no date to when it will open however; there is a second part to the Pop Century Resort being built, that can be seen in the works from across the river adjacent to the resort.
– Many of the Deluxe resorts are being renovated to include villas.