FILE – In this Feb. 29, 2008 file photo, British fashion designer Alexander McQueen acknowledges applause at the end of his fall winter 2008-2009 ready-to-wear collection presented in Paris. McQueen was found dead at his London home on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010, his spokeswoman said. He was 40 years old.
(AP Photo/Jacques Brinon)
The fashion world was rocked by the sad news of British fashion designer Alexander McQueen’s death and many celebrities tweeted their sadness at his passing.
McQueen did not disappoint with his stunning and thought provoking fashions. His 12 inch heels perplexed some and pleased avant-garde fans this past year. The red carpets were filled with his daring creations and celebrities flocked to his shows.
McQueen was found dead in his home Thursday morning. While the cause of death has not been announced, it is widely believed that he may have committed suicide.
– “Alexander invited me to my very 1st fashion show (his in London.) There will NEVER b another!”
– “Today we lost a True Genius, Alexander McQueen. He possessed a unique creativity that will never b recaptured.”
– “I just found out Alexander McQueen died!!! I’m in shock! So sad! I’m wearing one of his dresses now! He was such a talented designer.”
@MissKellyO (Kelly Osbourne):
– “i am so so sad to hear the news of Lee (Alexander) McQueen! i really just dont know what say im really in shock.”
– “i cant stop thinknig about lee i am just devastated my heart goes out to annabelle nelson who is his best friend!”
– “Tragic. RIP. Alexander McQueen found dead. British fashion designer was 40…”
@Tyrese4Real (Tyrese Gibson)
– “NEWS: Fashion Designer & Visionary Alexander McQueen was found dead in his place in London My X loved him! & tht cost me a lot of $. R.I.P.”
– “Rip McQueen.”
– “So sad to hear to about Alexander McQueen.”
SATC’s Sarah Jessica Parker makes statement about Alexander McQueen’s death
Flowers are seen under a logo of British fashion designer Alexander McQueen and a note informing customers of his death at his shop in central London,…
Keep Reading »
Twitter Entertainment Examiner | Bio
- RSS Feed
Designer Alexander McQueen dies of apparent suicide; Twitter page leaves clues
FILE – In this Feb. 29, 2008 file photo, British fashion designer Alexander McQueen acknowledges applause at the end of his fall winter 2008-2009…
Keep Reading »