NYC based chloe & reese designer, Annmarie Scotto-Dinan, is launching the first ready-to-wear collection of designer dresses to incorporate shapewear technology. SLEEK uses the latest in body-defining shapewear fabrication and design to smooth and enhance a woman’s body in all the right places.
The capsule collection of twelve dresses – six day and six evening – are made of silk and lightweight stretch wool blends with body-defining lycra technology discreetly built into the garments. These pieces are widely accessible with prices ranging from $185-265. SLEEK dresses are already in high demand as they are slated to be sold in fifty retailers nationwide, including Lord & Taylor. They will be available April 2010.
Now, what about design? You get that these dresses are slimming, but are they stylish? If you are familiar with chloe & reese, you know that they undoubtedly are! Major stores such as Neiman Marcus, Henri Bendel, Bloomingdale’s and Saks Fifth Ave have all carried chloe & reese. Pieces have also been featured in Marie Claire, Glamour, Lucky and Teen Vogue. Chloe & reese has even won the favor of Taylor Swift, who has been spotted multiple times wearing its designs.
Says designer, Annmarie Scotto-Dinan, “Timeless, classic and feminine describes both chloe & reese and SLEEK. Both lines are versatile, offer great shapes, fabrics and fit.”
To learn more about the creator (savior, anyone?) behind the brands, we have caught up with Annmarie Scotto-Dinan to tap into her expertise. She offers important tips for lasting style, answers questions about her passion and vision, and talks about her proudest moment as a designer.
1. As a designer, what is your take on seasonal trends vs. timeless style? What are your recommendations on reconciling the two?
Timeless trends are here to stay and seasonal trends are of-the-moment and a wonderful and whimsical indulgence. To reconcile the two – combine your classic dress with a fabulous trendy bag & accessories that allow your own personal style to shine through.
2. Tim Gunn has a list of “Ten Essential Items” that every woman should have in their wardrobe. What do you say are the must-have’s in every woman’s closet?
– A gunmetal grey pair of shoes, these are the new black and go with absolutely everything in your wardrobe
– An emergency date dress, preferable one that smoothes everything and makes you look and feel confident & sexy – a SLEEK dress would be perfect!A fitted cashmere tank top that can be layered under a blazer, worn alone or with great accessories.
– A classic slim coat in a neutral color that can be worn for day or night, through the fall, winter & spring months – a great staple. Try camel or heather grey, they are softer than black but just as versatile.
3. What are your personal staples? Are you loyal to certain brands? – Aside from Chloe & Reese and SLEEK, of course!
My personal staples are Christian Laboutin mary-janes – a gift from my husband….Prada knee high boots for every day…. La Perla lacy under things… and Theory tank tops. My every day handbag is a Chanel satchel purchased 6 years ago from a vintage shop in Paris.
4. Today’s women look so much to celebrities now for style and fashion guidance. What celebrity (or celebrities) would you say best represents Annmarie Scotto-Dinan?
Maggie Gylenhall and Chloe Sevigny for their down-to-earth qualities, easy glamour and unique personality that always shines through in their style. Taylor Swift has been wearing chloe & reese – she represents our line well with a combination of glamour & girl -next -door.
5. What is your proudest moment thus far as a designer? What are you excited about in the near future?
One exciting moment for me, was during the 2009 Presidential Inauguration – Henri Bendel, my favorite shoppe, adorned their fifth avenue windows with chloe & reese red, white and blue dresses to celebrate President Obama’s victory. As a fashion designer it was exciting to receive recognition for my collection at such a monumental moment in our country by one of the most prestigious retailers in the world.
In the future I am excited about chloe & reese as it continues to gain momentum around the world, and the introduction of SLEEK. I am excited to develop SLEEK as a new and innovative collection of dresses – Our marketing & sales efforts in the U.S and internationally have been a success thus far, with exciting response from women who love the idea of SLEEK and cant wait to add it to their wardrobe this Spring.
6. If we were to catch you in any given moment, what would you be wearing and what beauty routine would you have gone through that morning?
Always in a rush and trying to get to the office while navigating the blackberry, the cell phone and dozens of emails leaves my beauty routine minimal at best — a normal day is no makeup, and while I often wear a chloe & reese dress , jeans, tanks and boots definitely seem more common these days!
To shop chloe & reese, visit chloeandreese.com. Be sure to look out for SLEEK at Lord & Taylor stores nationwide this April.