It is now January 8, 2010 and I awoke hearing 911 calls dispatching several accident calls. I will be updating accident information, road closures and conditions throughout the day. You can check out Thursday’s accident and road conditions by reading “Updated weather related traffic information for Polk County, Ga. “
The first call that I heard this morning was a vehicle accident on Cobb Mountain Road, the driver was uninjured, however, the driver was advised to try to get the vehicle pulled safely off the road, (to which he replied that he is unable to control the vehicle to do that), he was also advised that the police department is unable to assist, he must wait until daylight before a wrecker can assist.
Friday, January 8, 2010:
- Friendship Road, vehicle in ditch
- 101/Rachel Drive, 1 vehicle in roadway (truck) at 5:07 am
- West John Hand Road, vehicle off road
- Furnace St. at Henderson St., vehicle overturned in ditch, all occupants are out of vehicle and safe
- 27 S bypass at Fairground Road/units advised to take Cline Ingram Jackson Rd, accident with entrapment, vehicle ran off embankment into a ditch beside EMA building car is laying on it’s side at 8:57 am
- Collard Valley Road at Wyatt, vehicle in the creek, volunteer fireman on scene called 911, driver is out of the vehicle complaining of back pain, accident occured at 10:29 am
- Pine Pitch and Lake Creek, female driver, vehicle in ditch at 10:33 am
- Accident at Kroger (gas pumps) 10:35 a.m.
- 640 Davis Rd, accident, no injuries
- LovVern Rd, accident
- Prior Station Road, vehicle in ditch at 12:34 P.M.
- Henderson road at Furnace street (in sharp curve) at 6:45 a.m.
- Road department dispatched to Pine Pitch and Cut Log Road to de-ice (lots of ice on these roads) at 10:50 a.m.
- Friendship Road, iced at 10:50 am
- S Cave Spring Rd, icy patches at 10:50 am
- LovVern Road, ice patches
- Prior Station rd, ice patches at 12:30 P.M.
a two vehicle accident was reported on I-75 just south of 293 in Bartow County. Reports indicate that a tractor trailer and a sheriff’s deputy were involved. The deputy is reported to be entrapped in the vehicle with possible injuries at 5:15 am
Hwy 120 just west of Cashtown Road (Haralson), accident at 6:34 am