Your first born child gets all your attention and time. What happens when you have another child? Does your second child miss out? No, the situation is just different.
My daughters are 21 months apart. When I was pregnant with my second daughter, I often wondered if she would be missing out on things that I was able to do and give to my first daughter. But I realized that I gave her something so much better….A sister!
Have fun with your children, no matter how old or young, close together, or far apart they are. Here are some activities that you can do with siblings.
– Enroll them in a family class at your local Gymboree. You can enjoy taking your children to a class designed specifically for siblings.
– Take them to a park and have fun together! It is a good idea to talk with your children before you go about the rule and actions that you expect. If I am without my husband (which is often the case as I am a stay-at-home mom) I like to take my daughters to parks that I am very familiar with as to eliminate any accidents.
– Enroll your children in classes through the City of Gilbert or your local parks and recreation facility. They have a wide variety of classes and you should even be able to get your children in different classes at the same time!
– Enroll them in swim lessons at the same time. Most swim facilities are more than happy to schedule your children at the same time (and you usually get a discount for multiple enrollments).
– Take your children and bounce your hearts out at Bounce Jungle or BounceU! These facilities have different bounce structures so children of any age are sure to have fun! (Children have to be able to walk to play on structures).
– Take your children to the Phoenix Zoo. You can explore the animals and enjoy the outdoors while pushing a stroller or allowing your children to walk with you!
– Enjoy a museum with your children. Artville at the Arizona Museum for Youth is a great place for children 4 years and younger. You can also explore the Children’s Museum of Phoenix.
– Take your children to story time at your local library. My children love the story time at the Basha Library. You are usually welcome to bring a sibling and all your children are sure to love it! If you aren’t sure if a sibling is welcome call ahead and ask.
– You can take your children on a hike or enjoy our great weather by playing in your yard or riding bikes.
Whatever activity you choose to do with your children enjoy your time together!