How do you do the jumping lunges?
- I’ve heard that jogging in place can injure your ankles, is it true?
- How do you do a proper squat?
Gerard Recio, EA SPORTS Active‘s Associate Producer/Fitness Expert, avid snowboarder, DH mountain biker (according to his Twitter bio (active_trainer) and personal trainer fielded these and more questions yesterday on Ustream. Ustream.TV is the live interactive video broadcast platform that enables anyone with a camera and an internet connection to quickly and easily broadcast to a global audience of unlimited size.
You’ve been warned
This is the warning that is found inside the EA SPORTS Active manual, to be used in conjunction with Gerard’s responses:
- Participating in this video game involves movements and exertion that may be challenging for you depending on your fitness level. Use caution to avoid the possiblity of serious injury or death. Read all warnings and instructions prior to use.
- Consult your physician before starting any new exercise routine.
- The level of routines provided is based only on an approximation of your current level of fitness, and the game does not monitor your condition during your workouts. You are repsonsible for exercsing within your limits and seeking medical attention and advice as appropriate.
- Warm up and cool down correctly before and after any exercise. Pay attention to how you are feeling and do not over-exert yourself. Stop exercising immediately and consult your physicaian if you feel sick, dizzy, or light-headed or if you feel pain or any unusual discomfort.
- Inspect all accessories (such as the Resistance Band and Leg Strap) before use and do not use if they appear damaged. Supervise use by chidren.
These warnings should be heeded by all, especially gullible women who will believe anything a handsome man says. Take responsibility for your workout; only you know your body and how it feels. Or, believe in snake oil [Why are we becoming more obese?], lose weight and good luck recovering from your injuries.
- Raina Casarez, fitness instructor – An industry is fed by the need of the consumer, one dependent on the other. The consumer wants to be misled, to the tune of billions of dollars, because a beautiful body is the carrot you would do anything for. The industry is just selling snake oil. Who wants the simple truth? Who’s going to pay for that?