SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience advanced tickets to the public will go on sale February 24, 10 a.m. Mountain Time. The advance ticket allotment for American Homebrewers Association, Brewers Association members and last year’s attendees were sold out in 48 hours this past week. The third annual event will be June 5 in Washinton, DC at the National Building Museum. 35+ sweet and savory appetizers will be paired with 136 craft beers from 68 small and independent American breweries from across the U.S.A. Brewers and craft brewer “rock stars” will be serving their beers.
Let’s cut the shuck and jive and get on with the aerochug.com week in review.
- Atlanta Craft Beer Examiner, Larry Johnson: Terrapin grows their own
- Augusta, Georgia Craft Beer Examiner, Lonnie Best: Aiken Brewing Company Olde Aiken Ale (Review), BrewDog fires back in the extreme beer wars as it attempts to Sink the Bismarck!, Moon River Brewing Company fails to mirror its city’s beauty in its beer, Schorschbräu to release 45% ABV beer?,
- Bellevue (WA) Craft Beer Examiner, John Roger Schofield: Scuttlebutt Brewing Company’s 10 Below is tasty-tasty but thin like Kate Moss
- Birmingham Craft Beer Examiner, Guillermo Woolfolk: Yet Another Accolade For The J. Clyde
Photo above right: Sierra Nevada founder Ken Grossman (left) and New Belgium brewmaster Peter Bouckaert (right) attend 2009 SAVOR
- Boston Craft Beer Examiner, Michael Oxton: An (im)practical beer rating guide
- Brooklyn Craft Beer Examiner, William Loob: Strong beer and wood-aged beer day at the Spuyten Duyvil in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
- Carbondale (IL) Craft Beer Examiner, Marika Josephson: Deep discounts on Pyramid Ales at Pinch Penny, Friday Forks: Deconstructed White Russian with Bell’s Expedition Stout, Thursday Tastings: Bell’s Expedition Stout
- Chicago Craft Beer Examiner, Mark McDermott: Chicago area craft beer calendar: February 15 – 22, Craft beer Mardi Gras celebrations in the Chicago area, Craft beer review: Magic Hat Vinyl
- Chicago Craft Beer Examiner, Marty Nachel: Hot Chocolate 5th Anniversary fundraiser and beer dinner, South Loop Binny’s to host Belgian beer sampling
- Cleveland Craft Beer Examiner, Karen Bujak: Award-winning Jackhammer Barleywine at Ogrefest 2010!, Best brewers in the world
- Colorado Springs Craft Beer Examiner, Eli Shayotovich: Phantom Canyon taps first firkin and lets the two headed dog out
- Dallas Craft Beer Examiner, Paul Hightower: Finally in Texas: Kulmbacher, the original Eisbock, Rahr & Sons roof collapse: an update, Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock
- Denver Craft Beer Examiner, Rick Blankemeier: Additional tickets for Avery’s SourFest will be released!, Best places in Denver to get a beer: Mile High Sci-Fi at the Tivoli, Denver Restaurant Week: Top spots for craft beer
- Kansas City Craft Beer Examiner, Dave Darrow: Barley’s Brewhaus makes 150 best bars list, Free State Brewing Company to distribute in Missouri, Kansas City area craft beer events, The next Barley’s Beer School will feature O’Fallon Brewery
- LA Craft Beer Examiner, Chris Spradley: National IPA Championship starts this Sunday!, SoCal brewery 1st round match-ups for NIPAC
- Madison Hops Examiner, Matt Sweeny: Rogue Ales growing its own hops
- Manhattan Craft Beer Examiner, Barry Wasser: Better with age: Aging Craft Beer In NYC
- Nashville Craft Beer Examiner, Donna Marsh: Battle Ground Brewery is serving beer in Franklin
- NY Beer Pairing Examiner, Elizabeth Willse: Easy Corn Chowder Recipe Paired with Beer Bread and Ale, Pairing Beer and Brunch, Part 2: Quiche
- Oklahoma City Craft Beer Examiner, Gary Lott: Abner’s Ale House hits Norman, Best beer bars in America? Oklahoma you got them, It’s here: Battered Boar’s Coconut Cream Stout
- Philadelphia Home Brewing Examiner, Melissa Ward: Recycling craft beer bottles for homebrewing
- Queens Craft Beer Examiner, Bryan Yurcan: Bodega Nirvana for craft beer lovers in Sunnyside
- Sacramento Craft Beer Examiner, David Teckam: Sacramento Beer Week-part 2
- Santa Barbara Craft Beer Examiner, Zachary Rosen: How to buy beer
Photo right: From left to right – Tomme Arthur owner/brewmaster Lost Abbey, Natalie & Vinnie Cilurzo owners/brewmaster Russian River attend Savor 2009.
- Seattle Beer Pairing Examiner, Tim Nichols: Greek Lamb Sloppy Joes A new twist on an old classic!
- SF Beer Pairing Examiner, Chuck Lenatti: Beer Week ends with Celebrator party and Valentine’s Day events, Craft beer meets creative dining at SF Beer Week, San Francisco Beer Week Saturday, part 2
- St. Petersburg Craft Beer Examiner, Sean Nordquist: Upcoming craft beer events in Tampa Bay
- Tulsa Home Brewing Examiner, Desiree Knott: Current homebrew legislation in Oklahoma will require license.
Charlie Twitters at twitter.com/CharliePapazian