Hello, readers! We actually have a lot going on in Tampa Bay this weekend. There are three benefit concerts going on this weekend, if you want to do some good while you party. There’s also a chance to enjoy some BBQ while you bang your head. We will also have appearances by cirque performers and Warped Tour favorites. Enjoy! As always, give us feedback if you attend any of the events.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
- Skipper’s Smokehouse, in Tampa, and Triple Knot Productions present Rock for Autism 2010. Proceeds for the concert will benefit The Children’s Hyperbaric Center of Tampa Bay. Scheduled performers are: Marty Balin and Slick Aguilar, Mark Leland and 60s Groove. Festivities begin at 5 p.m. and tickets are $15 in advance, and $20 the day of the show. For more information, visit http://www.skipperssmokehouse.com/venue/upcomingshows2008.shtml and www.hbottampabay.org/.
- A Reason to Rock Benefit Concert for Parkinson’s Disease Research will take place at State Theatre, in St. Petersburg. Featured performers include Chris McCarty, Bootleg, Burning Tree and The Prospect. Doors open at 6 p.m. and tickets are $15 in advance and $20 the day of the show. For more information, visit http://www.statetheatreconcerts.com/.
- Bourbon Street Nightclub, in New Port Richey, will host A Benefit for a Brother in Need, featuring performances by Crossbreed, Team Cybergeist, Psykill, Sister Kill Cycle, Drastic Fall and Joan Red. Proceeds will benefit a local cancer patient. The show begins at 7 p.m., and admission is $10. For more information, visit: http://www.clubbourbonstreet.com/3.htm.
- Crowbar, in Ybor City, will host Brutal BBQ III, featuring BBQ from T-Bone’s Famous, and performances by My Evil Side, Bedlam, Ulcer, The Slugs, Ninety Minute Reflex and more. The event begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $8 for ages 21 and up and $10 for ages 18-20. For more information, visit crowbarlive.com/.
- The Florida Orchestra presents Cirque de la Symphonie, featuring a combination of cirque performers and the symphony, at Progress Energy Center for the Arts-Mahaffey Theater. The show begins at 8 p.m. and tickets are $22 to $69. For more information, visit http://www.mahaffeytheater.com/index.html.
- Disco Inferno and DJ Gimme Samoa will perform at Gasoline Alley Cafe, in Largo. The music begins at 8 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.gasalleyrocks.com/.
- Third Rail Boot and The Schmeltz will perform at The Neptune Lounge, in Tarpon Springs. The music begins at 8 p.m. For more information, visit: http://www.theneptunelounge.com/lounge.htm.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
- Amanda Drake And The Barnburners, Johnnycakes And The Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypso and Mogul Street Reserve will perform at Skipper’s Smokehouse at 5 p.m. Cover charge is $5.
- Cirque De La Symphonie continues in Tampa Bay. This time, the show takes place at Ruth Eckerd Hall, in Clearwater. Events begin at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $22 to $69. For more information, visit http://tickets.rutheckerdhall.com/calendar/index.aspx.
- Punk act Shiragirl will take their Escape the Wintour 2010 tour to Bourbon Street Nightclub, along with Yoshi Gish, Orange Hour and Stria. The music begins at 8 p.m. and cover is $5.