A man once said, “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”…especialy when it comes to commercially bought Valentines Day chocolates. Most Valentines Day chocolates come in pretty packaging with a guide on the bottom (If you are lucky), or if you are not so lucky, a perfect, thumb sized bottom to smoosh and find out the flavor, the old try before you buy.
Over the years, the popularity in chocolate brand names has gone from Hersheys to Whitman’s Samplers at the drugstore to, Fannie May Candy (that might only be for the Chicagoans) to fancy truffles in boutiques like San Francisco’s Coco Luxe, (where they offer up truffles with a wine pairing).
Types of chocolates and what chocolates have and will cover are endless; chocolate covered orange peels, chocolate covered cherries, chocolate covered bacon, even a chocolate covered facial. Chocolate can cover anything, especially on Valentines Day.
So what is the best Valentines Day chocolates to give your Valentine with a sweet tooth? These delicious, homemade Valentines Day chocolates make the best Valentines Day gift, hands down, especially with these easy and delicious, classic Valentines Day candy recipes.
Homemade Valentines Day Chocolates Recipes
Heart Shaped White Chocolate Fudge
White Chocolate Pistachio Truffles Recipe
Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Chocolate Marshmallows Recipe
Chocolate Caramel Turtle Recipe
Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe
Chocolate Covered Salt Caramel Recipe
Pair box of chocolates with a bottle of Barefoot Bubbley, a great champagne that runs under $7.00 a pop.
Additionally, Martha Stewart.com offers some awesome instructions on how to make your own, homemade Valentines Day candy boxes.
Not feeling like making candy, check out Groupon.com for a special today for $14 for a chocolate and wine pairing for 2 at Coco Luxe.
More Valentines Day recipe, gift and other ideas:
- Cool San Francisco Valentines Day Events – Eat your heART out
- Cheap Valentines Day Date Ideas
- White Chocolate Pistachio Truffle Recipe
- MYO I choo-choose you Valentines Day card
- Valentines Day Screensavers, wallpaper and layouts
- Free Valentines Day Card Printables
- Homemade Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- Valentines Day Cupcakes and Recipe Ideas
- Valentines Day Craft – Homemade Hand Card
- A healthy Valentines Day recipe – Raspberry Cornmuffins
- Look Beautiful for Valentines Day with a Homemade Facial
- Homemade Valentines Day Candy – Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Roll-out Cookies Perfect for Valentines Day
- 70 Cool Gifts Under $10
- Valentines Day Gifts under $10
- Heart Shaped Strawberry White Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- Homemade Vanilla Infused Vodka
- Homemade Valentines Day Craft – Message In a Bottle
- MYO Valentines Day Coupon Book
- How to make candy sushi
- Cheap Valentines Day Gift Ideas
- Valentines Day Chocolate Spa Treatments