Nowadays families are very busy working, seemingly having individual schedules yet needing to synchronize activities at home, school and work. How can a couple keep romance alive when the children, pets, bills and work are clamoring for their attention?
Here are 5 ideas that work together to keep love and romance alive:
1. Keep each other’s love for one another the number one priority in your relationship. You are stronger united than separated. Be grateful to have one another as a sounding board and someone to lean upon when times make you weak. Work as a team in unison to conserve your energies. Give each other a break, and consciously maintain the balance of power and energy in the relationship. Make time to appreciate each other’s qualities and minimize each other’s areas for development needs. Be a cheerleader for one another, and a friend always. Even though you are a couple, allow time alone to engage individual interests, creating stories that can later on be shared with each other.
2. Make a weekly date just for the two of you, and make it a sacred time you both must keep. Inject spontaneous fun into the planning. Keep a sense of mystery, love and romance in your dates. Take turns in planning and organizing your dates so it does not fall on one person’s shoulders alone. Take pictures to capture the memories you create together, with both of you smiling and laughing. Take videos to capture the sights and sounds of your fun together. Periodically visit these mementos of your time together, reminding yourselves how important you are to one another. Indulge in one another’s fantasy and requests for role play, complete with costumes and paraphernalia.
3. Put the family affairs in perspective to ease the flow of living harmoniously. When family life is organized and well managed, the flow of living seems effortless, inducing harmonious relations among members. Every family member could contribute well to the management of living conditions. Household chores can be assigned to ease the burden of keeping home environment running smoothly. The larger the family, the more organized the family needs to be in carrying out the affairs of daily living. This ensures everyone’s needs are met. Family meetings can occur during dinnertime, when everyone is seated together and able to discuss the events of the day.
4. Deal with family problems one issue at a time to keep stress levels manageable. The stress of the day can make problems in the family greater than they truly are. Take care of emotional issues as they come so they do not fester only to blow up in a most inopportune time, or blow up out of proportion as well. When anger and resentment do not have creative outlets, there exists a breaking point where the barrier will have to release these energies as unpleasant as they may be and unwittingly hurt the ones on the path. Exercising together as a family could also help out to alleviate stress while improving physical health and fitness levels, boosting personal energy necessary to deal with stress well.
5. Create a romantic home, making the bedroom romantic and inviting of love and passion. Create an ambience for making love, slowing time down to feel each other’s heartbeat. Focus on one another alone, how to please each other and how you want yourself be pleased. Create anticipation of your time together at the end of the day. Keep parts of your daily living habits a mystery, such as grooming and personal hygiene. Your partner is also your lover, so keep that in mind during these moments of joining one another. Never go to sleep angry with one another, as that energy carries over into the next day. If you do not already sleep in the nude cuddling one another, do so and find new ways to encourage closeness before going to sleep. This closeness may lead to more fun with your sex life, which definitely boosts your immune system and clears your chakras.
By Gina Alzate, who is also the National Holistic Travel Examiner and the National Intercultural Relationship Examiner. She is a Travel Consultant and Cruise Planner with World Tours and Cruises, and she leads holistic and metaphysical workshops with Holistic Life Designs.
aerochug.com delivers the next edition of this series right to your Inbox. To subscribe, please visit here.