Tabloids are reporting that Angelina Jolie is cheating on Brad Pitt, and Jennifer Aniston is waiting in the wings to take Brad back.
The rivalry continues between these two women, and women are quick to choose sides.
Some side with Angelina, while others side with Jen.
What about you?
Are you on Team Aniston or Team Jolie?
Have you ever wondered why women choose the sides they do?
Women Have Reasons for Choosing Sides
Most women have very specific reasons why they side with Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie.
What’s interesting to note is that each group of fans share certain character traits, and give similar reasons for siding with the woman of their choice
Below are my findings on who sides with whom and why.
Check out both lists to see what you have in common with the members of Team Aniston or Team Jolie.
Women who side with Jennifer Aniston tend to be:
• Women who are scorned wives, ex-wives, or single women who have been victims of infidelity.
• Women whose husbands or boyfriends are cheating on them now.
• Women who feel Angelina deliberately seduced Brad away from Jen.
• Women who blame Angelina for Brad and Jen’s divorce.
• Women who see Angie as a home wrecker.
• Women who view Angelina as a predator with a hidden agenda which included seducing Brad while they were filming Mr. and Mrs. Smith. (Angelina admitted in an interview once that she always falls in love with her male co-stars.)
• Women who identify with Jen’s sweet, innocent, girl-next-door image.
• Women who believe Angelina’s self-described role of being a shoulder for Brad to cry on was all part of her scheme to snare him.
• Women who are convinced that showing Brad what a wonderful mother she is, was part of Angelina’s scheme to win Brad’s heart — especially since children are his hot button.
• Women who feel that Jen got a raw deal near the end of her marriage to Brad Pitt.
• Women who feel that Jen has handled this whole situation with dignity and class.
• Women who agree with Jen that Angie’s statements about falling in love with Brad while filming Mr. and Mrs. Smith were “uncool.”
• Women who see Jen as an innocent victim.
• Women who admire Jennifer for the way she has handled the split.
Women who side with Angelina Jolie tend to be:
• Women who strongly identify with the mistress or the “Other Woman” or who have played this role themselves.
• Sexy, sultry, seductive women, or women who identify with these traits.
• Women who subscribe to the theory of “put your man first and do whatever it takes to keep him.”
• Women who fault Jen for putting her career ahead of her husband.
• Women who feel that since Brad felt so strongly about having children, Jen should have given him a child. Since money was not an issue, they could have easily hired a Nanny so Jen could continue to pursue her acting career.
• Women who feel that if a woman doesn’t do the things necessary to hold onto her man, then she deserves to lose him.
• Women who feel that Angelina was not to blame for Brad and Jen’s divorce.
• Women who feel that Brad and Angelina make a better ( sexier, more interesting) couple than Brad and Jen.
• Women who love children.
• Women who themselves, were adopted.
• Women who admire Angelina’s charitable work.
• Women who like Angie simply because she has tattoos.
• Women who feel it’s Jen’s own fault that she lost Brad.
• Women who admire Angelina for going after whatever man she wants.
Who do you identify with and why?
Feel free to leave your comments in the box below.
For more on Angie, Brad and Jen, see Jennifer Aniston watches as “House of Brangelina” comes tumbling down by our Love and Marriage Examiner, Rita Watson.
*** © copyright 2010 Ruth Houston All Rights Reserved.
Ruth Houston is a New York-based infidelity expert who is frequently called on by the media to comment on infidelity issues in the news. She is the author of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs, the founder of InfidelityAdvice.com and publishes the Infidelity News and Views blog.
For more articles on high profile infidelity or celebrity infidelity, see:
What Cheating Husbands Can Learn from the Tiger Woods Infidelity Scandal
Is Tiger Woods REALLY a Sex Addict? Check This List and Decide for Yourself
Did Tiger Woods REALLY Have Sex with Other Men?
The Tiger Woods Sex Scandal from an Infidelity Expert’s Point of View
6 Things Tiger Woods Did That Are Common to Most Cheating Men
14 Reasons Why Tiger Woods and Other Rich and Famous Men Cheat
An Infidelity Expert’s Advice to Tiger Woods’ Wife
3 High Profile Cases of Financial Infidelity Linked to Sexual Infidelity
3 High Profile Cases of Emotional Infidelity
Jon and Kate Go to Court Over Financial Infidelity Involving Family Funds
Christie Brinkley Dragged Back into Court by Ex-Husband Peter Cook
Why David Letterman Should Realize that Infidelity is No Joke
David Letterman’s Fear of Blackmail Should Be a Lesson to Cheating Husbands
Steve Phillips’ Cheating Ways Cost Him His ESPN Job, His Marriage and Our Respect
Brooke Hundley’s Behavior Raises Questions Every cheating Man Should Ask about His Mistress
Is Steve Phillips Using Sex Addiction as an Excuse for His Infidelity?
An Infidelity Expert’s Comments on Jenny Sanford ‘s Vogue Interview and the Sanford Affair
What the Sanford Affair Can Teach Us about Emotional Infidelity