Writers of Kentucky want to gather. There are not many of us and yet there are various programs, meetings, and get-togethers for writers of every category in the writing industry. Open mic days are available for song writers and poets, book releases, signings, Kentucky has it all.
Here is incomprehensive list of some of the goings-on for writers in Kentucky:
- Sunday Feb 21 (Louisville) – Carmichaels Bookstore hosts a talk and book signing with Father Clyde Crews for his new book: Crossings: Historical Journeys. Location near Louisville’s Merton Square, 4:00pm, Frankfort Avenue.
- Monday Feb 22 (Berea College) – Karen McElmurray will read at the Appalachian Center Gallery, 11:45-1:00pm and lead a fiction-writing workshop 4:00-5:00pm in 307 Draper Building. Both events are free and open to the public. For further information, contact Dr. Libby Jones, 859-985-3757 or e-mail email@example.com
- Monday Feb 23 (Ashland) – Bianca Spriggs will speak at 12:00 in the Ashland Community & Tech College J.B. Sowards Theatre. Her presentation on “The Afro that Ate Kentucky” is a reading that focuses on cultural diversity in the state of Kentucky. She will also read from her poems that reflect the challenges and triumphs of Kentucky’s history as a border state.
- Wednesday Feb 24 (Western Kentucky University) – Katy Lederer, author of Winter Sex, and The Heaven-Sent Leaf , will read at 7:00pm in 125 Cherry Hall. The reading is free, open to the public, and will include a book signing.
- Thursday Feb 25 (Louisville) – Jim Tomlinson and Bob Hill will discuss the books they’ve written as part of their 2010 Unschooled Writers Tour. Carmichael’s Bookstore, 2720 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY. 7:00pm.
- Thursday Feb 25 (Murray) – Kentucky Poet Laureate Gurney Norman will read at Murray State University. The event is free and open to the public, and a signing and open reception will follow. Murray State University, Clara M. Eagle Art Gallery, 7:30pm
- Friday Feb 26 (Lexington) – Matthew Sparks will be signing his book Fragments of Me. 7:00pm at Joseph-Beth Books, Lexington Green.
- Friday Feb 26 (La Grange) – Writers’ Seminar: ‘Meet the Authors’ plus wine and Hors D’Ouevres. $20 per person, $35 for two people. It will be held at La Grange Public Library from 7-9 PM.
- Saturday Feb 27 (La Grange) — Writers’ Seminar continues, there will be a light breakfast and lunch. $20 per person, $35 for two people. Held at La Grange Public Library from 9 AM – 3 PM.
Hang out with fellow writers, expand your writer’s platform as well as your writing knowledge and have some fun! Be sure to check back for a list of next week’s goings-on in Kentucky.