Hundreds of the biggest stars in the world will be on hand to perform and take your calls
George Clooney sure knows how to throw a party. Whenever there’s is a global tragedy, the man is always the first to step up and donate his time and money. He did it after Hurricaine Katrina and he’s doing it again in the wake of the devastating earthquake that rocked the island nation of Haiti.
Clooney has assembled an all star cast of hundreds of actors, athletes and musicians for a world wide telecast that will broadcast from at least four different cities all over the world, including New York, Los Angeles, London and Haiti. The show will raise money by taking dotations for several charitable foundations aimed at helping the victims of the earthquake, many of whom are still homeless.
The bonus for viewers who want to call in and donate is that you could end up talking to one of your favorite celebrities. Below, you can see the list of who is performing and where as well as who just might answer your call during tonight’s epic telethon.
When: Friday, January 22nd (tonight!) at 7:00 CST
- On TV: ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1, CMT, PBS, TNT, Showtime, COMEDY CENTRAL, Bravo, E! Entertainment, National Geographic Channel, Oxygen, G4, CENTRIC, Current TV, Fuse, MLB Network, EPIX, Palladia, SoapNet, Style, Discovery Health, Planet Green, and Canadian networks including CBC Television, CTV, Global Television, and MuchMusic
- Streaming Online: YouTube, Hulu, MySpace, Fancast, AOL, MSN.com, Yahoo, Bing.com, BET.com, CNN.com, MTV.com, VH1.com, and Rhapsody and on mobile via Alltel, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and FloTV
Hosted by?: George Clooney from Los Angeles; Wyclef Jean from New York; and Anderson Cooper from Haiti
Who will be performing?:
- Los Angeles: Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Dave Matthews, John Legend, Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, Emeline Michel and a group performance by Keith Urban, Kid Rock, and Sheryl Crow
- New York: Wyclef Jean, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, Jennifer Hudson, Shakira, Mary J. Blige, Shakira, and Sting
- London: Beyonce, Coldplay, and a group performance by Bono, The Edge, Jay-Z, and Rihanna
Who will be answering calls?:
- (in alphabetical order): Ben Affleck, Tim Allen, Jennifer Aniston, David Archuleta, Alec Baldwin, Ellen Barkin, Drew Barrymore, Jack Black, Emily Blunt, Russell Brand, Benjamin Bratt, Pierce Brosnan, Gerard Butler, Chevy Chase, Kristin Chenoweth, Sacha Baron Cohen, Common, Cat Cora, Bradley Cooper, Daniel Craig, Cindy Crawford, Penelope Cruz, Billy Crystal, John Cusack, Eric Dane, Ellen DeGeneres, Fran Drescher, Michael Clarke Duncan, Zac Efron, Jenna Elfman, Colin Farrell, Andy Garcia, Mel Gibson, Tyrese Gibson, Selena Gomez, Neil Patrick Harris, Taraji P. Henson, Dijmon Honsou, Vanessa Hudgens, Randy Jackson, Jimmy Jean-Louis, Dwayne Johnson, Nick Jonas, Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas, Quincy Jones, Diane Keaton, Michael Keaton, Anna Kendrick, Greg Kinnear, Jane Krakowski, John Krasinksi, Jessica Lange, Taylor Lautner, Daniel Day Lewis, Jared Leto, Justin Long, Rose McGowan, Ewan McGregor, Toby Maguire, Ricky Martin, Katharine McPhee, Debra Messing, Alyssa Milano, Jack Nicholson, Keke Palmer, Holly Robinson Peete, Tyler Perry, Chris Pine, Jeremy Piven, Jeremy Renner, Tim Robbins, Ray Romano, Jeri Ryan, Meg Ryan, Zoe Saldana, Adam Sandler, Nicole Scherzinger, Gabourey Sidibe, Kimora Lee Simmons, Russell Simmons, Christian Slater, Steven Spielberg, Molly Sims, Ringo Starr, Charlize Theron, Ashley Tisdale, Marisa Tomei, Amber Valleta, Sofia Vergara, Mark Wahlberg, Joe Walsh, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, Olivia Wilde, Rainn Wilson, Robin Williams, Reese Witherspoon, and Noah Wyle.
If you can’t catch tonight’s show, don’t worry, there are several ways for you to donate money to the ‘Hope for Haiti’ effort:
- Online: HopeForHaitiNow.org
- Phone: 877-99-HAITI
- Text: text ‘GIVE’ to 50555
Hope for Haiti Now Fund, Entertainment Industry Foundation
1201 w. 5th Street, Suite T-700
Los Angeles, Ca., 90017
Organizations to benefit: The Clinton Bush Haiti Fund and United Nations World Food Programme, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, the Red Cross, UNICEF, and Yele Haiti Foundation
**All musical performances will be made available for $.99 per song through iTunes beginning on Saturday, January 23rd with all proceeds benefiting Haiti reliefs funds managed by “Hope for Haiti Now” charities**
Stay up to date on the latest TV news. Click the “subscribe” button at the top of the page to receive continuous updates or follow me on FACEBOOK
More TV News:
- KC native Willie Aames wants to help you with your financial debt
- 24 recaps: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Golden Globes: recap and winners
- LOST: Libby and Michael will return…..(video)
- Conan won’t follow Leno
- Simon Cowell leaving American Idol
- Chuck versus the Three Words (recap)
- Longtime KCTV-5 anchorman passes away
- Time Warner Cable vs. Fox may be bad for