Wine lovers, rejoice! A new all-natural, eco-friendly bath and body line called Seed harnesses the power of grape seeds – natural byproducts of the wine making process. These little seeds are rich in vitamin E, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that are great for the skin.
Seed grew out of one couple’s personal search for safe, environmentally friendly, affordable products in their quest to live a healthier, more natural lifestyle. The new line includes three products: a body lotion, moisturizing body soap, and conditioning shampoo bar. (I have one set to give away. Get details on how to enter at the bottom of this review.)
What’s to Love
- Seed founders Rebecca and Benjamin Gournay
- Natural and green. All the products are made with 100% natural ingredients, are not tested on animals, and free of parabens, preservatives, phthalates, artificial colors, and animal ingredients. The packaging is recyclable and/or biodegradable.
- Effective. Oftentimes we have to compromise on effectiveness when we use green beauty products. But there’s no compromise with Seed. Everything works really well and delivers on its promises.
- Good for Sensitive Noses. All the products come in an unscented variety. But even the most sensitive nose should be happy with the scented options (Invigorating Citrus Blend and Restful Lavender Sage), because the scents are light and free of irritating artificial fragrances.
- Affordable. The products come at an affordable price. All the products are offered in three-packs, which each run $20.
- Nourishing Body Lotion. The lotion is very rich and moisturizing without feeling greasy, because it absorbs so quickly. Along with grape seed oil, it’s made with green tea extract and shea butter for extra skin conditioning.
- Moisturizing Body Soap. The soap has a nice lather but doesn’t contain harsh sulfates. It cleanses well without drying, and it lightly exfoliates with the addition of pomegranate, apricot, and strawberry seeds. This is also excellent as a non-drying hand soap.
- Conditioning Hair Shampoo Bar. The shampoo bar is formulated for short hair and is great for guys. They can shampoo and condition in one, quick step. It’s enriched with grape and fruit seed oils to moisturize and repair and panthenol pro-vitamin B5 to condition.
Seed Nourishing Body Lotions
To learn more about Seed, visit seedpowerbodycare.com. The products are available for purchase on Amazon.com and Alice.com, and at some Whole Food stores in New York and New Jersey. Hopefully, they’ll be available at Bay Area Whole Foods sometime soon too.
Win a Set
Right now you have a chance to win a set of Seed skin care, including the lotion, soap, and shampoo bar. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents and runs through January 29. Visit my blog, Hello Beauty, to enter.