The new cast of “The Celebrity Apprentice” has been officially announced, and according to Donald Trump, “It blows away ‘Dancing With the Stars,” a show he claims to watch and enjoy. However, the real estate tycoon told ET’s Mary Hart that his new cast is so exciting and impressive that it will blow it away “Dancing With the Stars.” In fact, Trump claimed that he had to turn down requests from DWTS pros who wanted to be a part of “The Celebrity Apprentice.” Is the Donald doing a bit of trash talking or are his comments a publicity attempt to garner media coverage prior to the debut of “The Celebrity Apprentice” on March 14, 2010? Trump even added, “Everybody wants to be on ‘The Celebrity Apprentice!” If that’s the case, then why doesn’t the new cast include more A-listers?
Cast members for the new season of “The Celebrity Apprentice”:
- Ex-Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich – The twice-elected governor of Illinois was arrested on federal corruption charges on December 8, 2009. Blagojevich is accused of conspiring to commit several “pay to play” schemes, including attempting “to obtain personal gain – through the corrupt use” of his authority to fill Barack Obama’s vacated United States Senate seat. Blagojevich continues to deny the charges.
- Model Selita Ebanks – Ebanks is a Caymanian fashion model who is best known for her work with Victoria’s Secret and as a Victoria’s Secret Angel from 2005-2008. In addition, the super model has worked for some of the most quintessential American fashion campaigns, including Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie & Fitch, Levi’s and Tommy Hilfiger.
- Wrestler Goldberg – Bill Goldberg followed in the paths of many wrestlers who have made the transition from the gridiron to the ring. In only his second year in the business, Goldberg became one of the biggest names in the wrestling business. He has since transitioned from wrestling to a television and feature film career.
- Olympian Michael Johnson – Johnson is an American sprinter who won four Olympic gold medals and was crowned world champion eight times. His 200 m time of 19.32 at the Atlanta Olympics stood as a record for over 12 years. Since retiring from competitive track, Johnson has worked as a television pundit, often for the BBC in the United Kingdom, where he also writes a column for the Daily Telegraph.
- Wrestler Maria Kanellis – Maria Kanellis is an American professional wrestler and model of Greek heritage, currently signed to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) performing on its SmackDown brand. She also posed for the April 2008 cover of Playboy magazine, and competed on the reality TV shows “Outback Jack” and “Raw Diva Search” in 2004.
- Singer Cyndi Lauper – Cyndi Lauper is most famous for her pop tune “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” from her “She’s So Unusual” album. Lauper has released 11 albums and over 40 singles, and has sold more than 25 million records worldwide. She has been married to David Thornton since 1991. They have one son who was born on November 19, 1997.
- Comedienne Carol Leifer – Leifer is a comedienne and comedy writer who started her stand-up career in the 1970’s. David Letterman discovered her performing in a comedy club in the 1980s and she has since been a guest on “Late Night With David Letterman” over twenty-five times, as well as numerous other shows and venues. She is the author of “When You Lie About Your Age, the Terrorists Win: Reflections on Looking in the Mirror.”
- Singer Bret Michaels – Michaels has been the lead singer/songwriter for the group Poison for 22 years. In 2008, he won a BMI Award for “Go That Far.” Michaels is also known for his stint of “Rock of Love,” VH1’s highest rated series. More recently, Michaels can be heard providing background vocals along with Phil Vassar on the Kenny Chesney/Uncle Kracker duet single “Last Night Again.”
- Reality TV star Sharon Osbourne – Sharon Osbourne is the wife of Ozzy Osbourne and a judge on “America’s Got Talent” and “The X Factor.” She came into public prominence after appearing in “The Osbournes,” a reality television show that followed her family’s daily life. Her autobiography, “Extreme,” has sold in excess of two million copies. After the success of “The Osbournes” and “The X Factor,” hosting her own chat shows and securing advertising contracts, Osbourne was ranked as the 25th richest woman in Britain on the 2009 Sunday Times Rich List.
- Actress Holly Robinson Peete – Holly Robinson Peete began her career in show business in 1969 when she was five years old, with an appearance on the children’s series “Sesame Street,” on which her father played non-Muppet cast member Gordon. In adulthood, she appeared on shows like “21 Jump Street” and “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” and later on “Like Family” and “Love, Inc.”
- Comedian Sinbad – David Adkins (better known as Sinbad) is a stand-up comedian and actor who has starred in his own HBO specials, “A Different World” and “The Sinbad Show.” His first stand-up comedy special for HBO called “Sinbad: Brain Damaged” was recorded at Morehouse College in Atlanta. He has also starred in family-friendly movies, like “Houseguest,” “First Kid” and “Jingle All the Way.”
- Chef Curtis Stone – Curtis is a ‘young gun’ Australian Chef, classically trained in London. He is also an author and presenter of the globally successful cooking/lifestyle program, ‘Surfing the Menu’, and has one of America’s most popular reality/cooking shows titled, ‘Take Home Chef’.
- Retired baseball player Darryl Strawberry – The former Mets star is well-known both for his play on the field and for his controversial behavior off of it. He is currently an analyst for SNY, and the author of a personal memoir called “Straw: Finding My Way.”
- Olympian Summer Sanders – This Olympic swimmer won two gold, one silver and one bronze medal at the 1992 Barcelona Games. Sanders is a wife, mom and TV commentator.
- American Idol competes for seven prizes at the People’s Choice Awards
- Regis Philbin returns to ‘Live,’ talks about Donald Trump and Mr. Trouble
- Ellen Degeneres talks about American Idol and Paula Abdul’s parody on VH1
- Adam Lambert at Gridlock: ‘2009 was incredible, and 2010 will be even better’
- Dancing With the Stars: Kelly Osbourne swims with the dolphins in Hawaii
- Tiny Josie Duggar is receiving expert care in new NICU unit
- How the lives of Jon Gosselin and Tiger Woods imploded in 2009
Do you love reality TV? Then be sure to check out my coverage of:
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing With the Stars
- American Idol
- Other reality shows
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite reality shows and stars.. Of course, your E-mail will never be shared with anyone else.