In light of the recent earthquake in Haiti, several foundations have provided us with a variety of ways to donate funds, clothing, food and more to those who are dealing with the earthquakes reprecussions.
From coin boxes found on store check-out counters to televised fundraising specials, there are currently numerous donation outlets available in an around the city and on February 23, 2010, you will have yet another way to contribute; a way that is not only guaranteed to lend a helping hand to those in need, but that will also provide you with an amazing show while doing it!
Nu-Lite Entertainment, a Toronto based promotional company, presents “Performances for Haiti”- a night of live music performances and more in which proceeds of will be donated to the Red Cross to help with their Haiti relief effort.
From rapper, D-Pryde to rock band, His World His Dream, local artists from around the province will be taking the stage all night to showcase their talents and help support a good cause. And it doesn’t end there, in addition to the musical performances to hit the stage, there will also be stand up comedy, dance crews and more!
Here is a list of some of the performers that you’ll see:
- Singers; Amy Nguyen, Olivia Lauren, Oriana
- Rappers; J. Reyez, Junia T, Rich Kid, Sinotra, Chinx, Gamble, AJM
- Dance Crews; James Murphy and Tuan of F.A.M Crew, I Rock with The One, Fo Real, R.A.W, Trust and Bella Divas
- Beat Boxer, C-Stylez
- Comedian, Ernie Vincente
Thinking About Attending?
The show will be taking place on February 23, 2010 at the Markham Theatre. Doors will open at 6:30 pm and the show will begin at 7:30 pm.
Tickets are selling for $15.00 and can be purchased and obtained in 1 of 3 ways:
- By emailing or calling Nu-Lite Entertainment and requesting tickets. At that time, you will be able to arrange a date and time for a Nu-Lite Entertainment rep to meet with you, take your payment and provide you with tickets.
- By emailing or calling Nu-Lite Entertainment and arranging for your tickets to be left at the door for you under your name on the night of the show. You’ll be able to pay for your tickets at the door.
- By purchasing tickets at the door on the night of the show. Please keep in mind that by choosing this method, tickets (and the amount that you’d like) may not be available.
Here is the contact information:
By email- [email protected]
By phone- (416) 371- 0304 or (416) 575- 0404
Don’t Forget! :
- Markham Theatre (Location & Directions)
- February 23, 2010
- Doors open at 6:30 pm, show begins at 7:30 pm
- Tickets are $15.00
This is sure to be a great turnout and an even greater showcase, so come down whether you’ve already made a contribution to the Haiti relief effort or are looking for a place to start.
Read more on The Red Cross and how they’ve been active with helping those in Haiti. Also, take a look at what the proceeds of your ticket purchase is going to.
Have you ever seen C-Stylez, Amy Nguyen, His World His Dream or any of the featured artists perform before? What donation methods have you taken, if any? Feel free to leave your suggestions, comments or thoughts in the comment box below!