Quoting the Indianapolis Colts | What they’re saying about the New York Jets . . .
Indianapolis Colts RB Joseph Addai . . .
* On running game last week: “It was a bit of a struggle. I think with us, we never panic. With different areas of the game, we go back and watch the film, and I’m sure the other team does, to go back and try to fix what’s going on. I think with us, it’s fixable. We are confident going into the game on Sunday.”
* On Colts running game being last in NFL: “You know what? The way I look at it is if I walk off the field and I felt like I did everything that I had to do, I’m pretty much good. When you have a great quarterback like Peyton (Manning), you want to have him make decisions so you have to respect that and understand the situation… It’s whatever we are supposed to do for the team to try to win the game. It got us this far, so obviously it’s working.”
* On picking up the blitz: “Since I’ve been here, I’ve been picking up blitzes. I don’t look at it like I have to do something extra. I just have to stay on my fundamentals. Like I said – This game means a lot more than every other game that we have played and those games are kind of history right now.”
Indianapolis Colts LB Clint Session . . .
* On Colts defensive front: “I don’t know if people pay attention to it, but we actually are pretty stout up front. We’ve got two guys playing good for us right now in (DT) Antonio Johnson and (DT) Dan Muir. They are doing a good job right now up front. They are giving us a chance to run sideline-to-sideline and stay free.”
Indianapolis Colts S Antoine Bethea . . .
* On Jets wide receivers: “They are real good, solid receivers. Braylon Edwards is a down-the-field threat, a big target. Jerricho (Cotchery) also is…Looking on film on third down, (Cotchery is) a guy that (Mark) Sanchez looks to. You can’t forget the tight ends – the tight ends are making some big plays in the playoffs. So all around, they have a real good receiving corps.”
* On stopping run or pass first against the Jets: “As a player in the secondary, you always think pass first. You let the front seven do their job and take care of the run. If he (running back) breaks, my job is to get him down. As a secondary player, you think pass first and go out there and try to make plays with the ball.”
* On Jets QB Mark Sanchez: “With their running attack, they really don’t try to put the game into his hands that much. When the time comes where they need a third down or something like that, they call on him, but for the most part, they try to let their O-Line take control of the front and let their running game do most of the damage. We can take advantage of him if he makes a mistake here and there, and that’s what we have to capitalize on – his mistakes.”
* On what makes Jets’ offense effective: “First of all, it’s their offensive line. They have a real good, solid offensive line and two good backs and a great fullback. The two running backs have been doing a great job. (RB) Shonn Greene stepped it up in the playoffs. (RB) Thomas Jones has been doing a great job for them all year long. From the offensive line to the backfield, they just complement each other well.”
COLTS NEEDN’T REGRET NOT ELIMINATING THE JETS. HERE.
Reviewing Colts President Bill Polian’s weekly radio show . . .
* No apologies necessary. Here.
* Caldwell deserved Coach of the Year Honor. Here.
* Fans critical to victory over Baltimore. Here.
* Extraordinary season. Here.
Quoting the Indianapolis Colts . . .
* Head Coach Jim Caldwell and QB Peyton Manning. Here.
* WR Reggie Wayne and MLB Gary Brackett. Here.
* DE Dwight Freeney, WR Austin Collie and CB Kelvin Hayden. Here.
* QB Peyton Manning. Here.
* Head Coach Jim Caldwell, C Jeff Saturday, TE Dallas Clark. Here.
* RB Joseph Addai, LB Clint Session, S Antoine Bethea. Here.
MAGNIFICENT SEVEN. ON THE HEALTH OF THE COLTS AND THE RB SITUATION. HERE
POPULAR OR NOT, COLTS EARNED RIGHT TO CHOOSE LATE-SEASON APPROACH. HERE.
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS OWNER JIM IRSAY SUPPORTED DECISION AGAINST JETS. HERE.
AN UNBEATEN SEASON THAT WASN’T: A FINAL LOOK AT AN UNRESOLVABLE CONFLICT. HERE
FREENEY: PRO BOWL NEVER GETS OLD. HERE
TE DALLAS CLARK, QB PEYTON MANNING AMONG SIX PRO BOWLERS FOR COLTS. HERE.
DOES PEYTON MANNING GET TOO MUCH RESPECT? HERE
POLIANS’ CONTRACTS EXTENDED. HERE
COLTS FANS OWE RB JOSEPH ADDAI AN APOLOGY. HERE
*** CATCH UP WITH ALL THINGS COLTS ON INDY FOOTBALL REPORT. HERE
*** READ JOHN OEHSER’S INDIANA PACERS COVERAGE. HERE.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JohnOehser
www.indyfootballreport.com . . . John’s Colts website