There are times when we don’t feel our best, as women. For whatever reason, we lose the desire to do the things that remind us how much we matter. When women have issues with self esteem, it shows in every part of us.
Looks certainly aren’t everything. But how we look affects how we feel and vice versa. Often, when we experience situations that cause us grief, we’ll walk around looking bad on the outside because we feel worse on the inside. If it lasts too long, negative patterns are formed and it’s difficult to turn back.
Your attitude determines your altitude. Here are ways to climb out of the valley of despair.
1. Purpose to get to the root of the problem that kicked you down in the first place. When you discover it, eliminate it from your life and you’ve got half the battle won! Do whatever is necessary to focus on transforming your life and stay on track with the process of improvements. Anything you practice for two weeks has potential to become “habit.” Why not establish GOOD habits that will improve your life?
2. Change your look. When you do things to improve your appearance, your attitude begins to change. Have you ever seen a co-worker return from a weekend with a new hairdo? Do you notice how confident that person becomes? Something as simple as a hairdo and a new outfit changes one’s outlook toward their personal perspective of life. If you just don’t know where to start, I recommend the personal image services of Marian Rothschild, at “Look Good Now.” Marian is a certified personal stylist and image consultant in the Denver / Boulder area. You can schedule an appointment by calling 720-933-9247. You can also email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Change your attitude. Your attitude plays the largest part of how your life will be lived from day to day. For people who are down on themselves and the world around them, life just seems to be a fog that won’t go away. People who have a more positive attitude and outlook attract good things to their lives and things don’t seem so hopeless. Develop an attitude of “wellness.” Gyms are cheaper than ever to join and most of them don’t have contracts to bind you for life. Eat foods that enhance overall good health and appearance. Purpose to keep the attitude of well-being.
4. Change the company you keep. Anyone who is not adding joy to your life is subtracting it. Often times, friends will drain you of your energy and essence to help themselves. For those who seem to take more than they give, it’s up to you to make the executive decision about YOUR life and how available you can be. People have problems. If you don’t help them, usually someone else will; it’s not the end of your world. With regard to love relationships, it is vital to work out the things that are difficult and make them better. If you can’t make things better and live in peace, leave them alone. The person you love should not be the bane of your existence.
5. Look forward, move forward. Leave the past behind you. Everyday that we wake up, there is the opportunity to change our lives for the better. I have lived the dark night of the soul and had to leave the blackness behind to welcome the light.