Skiers enjoyed more than a foot of fresh, wet snow at Squaw Valley and surrounding resorts yesterday afternoon after the first in a series of snow storms blanketed North Tahoe. Lodging packages in Truckee, Kings Beach, Squaw and Reno entice visitors to stay and ski / ride at a reasonable rate. With an estimated 8 to 10 additional feet on the way, conditions will be incredible this weekend and the rest of this month.
Check out these discounts:
Reno’s hotel and casinos are slashing room rates and offering a variety of stay and ski packages. Incredible discounts on rooms combined with tickets to any of the Lake Tahoe ski resorts means lodging and ticket pass deals as low as $68. Given this weekend’s Safari Club Conference, almost all of the hotel rooms in Reno are booked for Friday and Saturday but one of your best chances for available rooms is Silver Voyages. Call them at (877) 882-7500 ext. 0 or (775) 329-7777.
Just a bit closer to skiing is Boomtown and their hotel/casino offers weekend night rates beginning at $69.99. Check them out at BoomtownReno.com or by calling (800) 648-3790.
Pay a tad more for convenience, local flavor and the quality provided by these top two favorite Tahoe / Truckee boutique hotels:
Cedar House, Truckee Offering a wholesome and holistic retreat just a few miles from historic downtown Truckee, the Cedar House Sport Hotel has introduced winter 2010 specials.
- $140 per person includes lodging and skiing at the resort of your choice Sunday through Thursdays. Triple occupancy is $118 per person per night. Midweek packages cannot be booked on line.
- Winter Weekend – Pay for two nights and the third is free. Chose between arriving on Thursday evening or staying through Monday morning and Cedar House offers discounted ski passes at all the North Tahoe resorts.
View them online at CedarHouseSportHotel.com. Call for details / reservations (866) 582-5655. Another bonus – incredible breakfast, amazing and intimate weekend evening dining options at Stella’s and a wonderful bar area.
PlumpJack Inn, Squaw Valley The dining is the best in the Valley. Even if you just eat breakfast here, you’ll be impressed with the quality and breadth of morning offerings and you’re just a few steps from the hill. Standard room rates begin at $205 midweek and $315 for weekends. Stay four nights and get 25% off lodging. If you have a season pass to Squaw, get 15% off your stay this season.
Additional Tahoe discounts:
- Ferrari’s Crown Resort at 8200 North Lake Blvd. in Kings Beach has been family owned and operated since 1957. Book a Friday and Saturday night on any Lakeview room at $159 per night or Family Suite at $189 per night and get one free adult lift ticket to either Squaw Valley or Northstar. This winter special is good through April 15th (and cannot be combined with other discounts). If you booking online, type “SKI” in the special request field or call today at (800) 645-2260 or (530) 546-3388.
- Enjoy the new burrito restaurant and ski/stay packages beginning at $230 at the Best Western Tahoe – Truckee on 11331 Brockway Road, Phone: (530) 587-4525
See up to date deals for Tahoe’s North Shore at TahoesBest.com and GoTahoeNorth.com.
Snowbomb’s well-attended annual SkiFest in San Francisco last fall offered a peek into additional 2010 resort happenings:
- Mt. Rose daily specials and the wraps and snacks at the new Winter’s Creek Lodge on the local’s side of Slide make a trip worth the drive
- Can you make it to Tahoe mid-week? Squaw’s Women Of Winter (WOW) offers two packed hours of fun on the hill for just $49 (ticket not included) on Jan. 20, Feb. 3, Mar. 3 and Mar. 17
- Find out more at Snowbomb.com and check out the deals available through the 2010 Tahoe Card.
Stay tuned for more deals and feel free to share comments about your favorite places to stay below.
If you’d like to stay current on North Tahoe / Truckee happenings, please use the Subscribe button above to receive an email each time a new article is posted.