The best margarita recipe does not consist of many ingredients. The perfect margarita recipe just takes a good tequila and a little love.
National Margarita Day is one of those holidays that can be celebrated, blended or on the rocks. To make the best margarita today, follow this, perfect Margarita recipe adapted from chowhound.com. Serve it today for National Margarita Day with either cumin salt, or regular salt (or sugar) and your next party will be a big hit.
What to buy: All self-respecting margaritas are made with only 100 percent agave tequila (we like to use the high-quality Cuervo 1800, Patrón Silver, Herradura, or Don Julio) and Cointreau.
- Salt, or sugar for rimming the glass (optional)
- 6 parts 100% blue agave tequile
- 4 parts lime juice
- 1 p art agave nectar
- Chopped mango, peaches, strawberries or raspberries (optional)
- Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel, then dip in salt or sugar.
- Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled.
- Serve immediately.
For on the rocks:
1. Fill the blender with ice, tequila, lime juice and Cointreau. Blend until smooth, pour into glass.
More cool Margartia Recipes (adpated from Targetwoman.com)
Blue Margarita Recipe – The Curacaco is what adds the blue color to this blue ocean margarita. Take 4 ounces of tequila, 1 ounce triple sec, ¼ cup fresh lime juice, 2 ounces blue curacaco and 1tsp sugar. Blend in a shaker with plenty of ice.
Golden Margarita – A golden margarita needs anjeo tequila and Grand Marnier. Shake with sour mix, lime juice and plenty of ice.
Frozen Margarita – Whip up a frozen margarita with limeade, tequila and triple sec. Blend with lots of ice cubes till it looks slushy. Do not overdo the ice when blending your frozen margaritas – the trick is to have barely enough to float in the liquid. You can add frozen fruit for a variation. Try peach, raspberry, strawberry or cherry liquers for a frozen margarita with a twist. Serve frozen margaritas with mango fusion vodka and watch your guests coming for more.
Banana Margarita Recipe – Want your margarita with dollops of Vitamin C and Potassium? The banana margarita is a smoothie that offers you just that. Blend 3-4 oz tequila with 4 oz margarita mix and juice of lime and a banana.
Mango Margarita Recipe – Are you a mango afficiando? Try our mango margarita recipe. Mix a cup of silver tequila with 2 cups of fresh lime juice, castor sugar and liqueur. Toss in frozen mango chunks and blend till smooth.
The strawberry margarita is a popular margarita cocktail. Blended with fresh strawberries or strawberry schnappes, this cocktail has many takers. Serve a strawberry margarita in a glass rimmed with sugar instead of salt. Shake schnapps, tequila, triple sec, lemon juice,and strawberries with ice. Strain the blend into the margarita glasses. You can whip up a strawberry margarita with 1 oz. Tequila, ½ oz. Triple sec. Dash of grenandine and sour mix along with pureed strawberries. Blend all the ingredients together and serve them with a lime wedge or fresh strawberry. A dollop of whipped cream can be added.
More Money Saving Articles
- Free Grilled Sandwich at Jack in the Box 2/23
- Free Krispy Kreme Donut for joining Friends of Krispy Kreme
- IHOP Offers Free Pancakes Tuesday 2/23
- Free Pretzel at Auntie Annie’s Pretzel’s Saturday, 2/20
- Parade.com Printable Coupons
- Who is the FreeCreditReport.com guy?
- How to Create Free Ring tones yourself
- Budget Meal Ideas under $2 per serving
- Budget Meal Ideas under $2 per serving – Ham and Egg in Whole Wheat Pita
- Budget Meal Ideas under $2 per serving – Farfalle pasta with spinach and mushrooms
- Budget Meal Ideas under $2 per serving – Garlic Chicken and Roast Potatoes
- Budget Meal Ideas under $2 per serving – Baked Apples
- Homemade Pancakes from Scratch
- Comfort Food – Chicken Pot Pie
- Thanksgiving Turkey in a Bag Recipe
- How to give yourself a manicure at home
- How to Give Yourself an At-home Pedicure
- How-to Give Yourself An At-Home Homemade Facial