Before “The Biggest Loser: Couples” premieres January 5, 2009 take some time out to meet the 11 new season nine teams, including the biggest contestant in the show’s history.
- Father Darrell (46), Daughter Andrea (24)
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Darrell’s starting weight – 413 lb
- Andrea’s starting weight – 298 lb
- Darrell is hoping to overcome the food addiction that began when he was a child, and Andrea wants to get healthy to show her family the proper way to live.
- Mother Cherita (50), Daughter Victoria (22)
- Houston, TX
- Cherita’s starting weight – 277 lb
- Victoria’s starting weight – 358 lb
- Cherita wants to look as good on the outside as she feels on the inside, and Victoria is looking to finally start acheiving the dreams she believes her weight holds her back from reaching.
- Twin brothers James (30) and John (30)
- James’ starting weight – 485 lb
- John’s starting weight – 484 lb
- Brown is looking to move past the trajedies that have hit their family in the past and take their competitive to a new, healthy nature.
- Mother Miggy (48), Daughter Migdalia (28)
- Pemberton, NJ/Sanford, NC
- Miggy’s starting weight – 240 lb
- Migdalia’s starting weight – 265 lb
- Green is looking to encourage and motivate their Hispanic community to get healthy.
- Cousins Sam (24) and Koli (29)
- Rohnert Park, CA
- Sam’s starting weight – 372 lb
- Koli’s starting weight – 403 lb
- Sam is hoping to avoid ending up like several of his family members who suffer from obesity, diabetes and gout, and Koli wants to be a better role model for the kids he coaches during football season.
- Mother Cheryl (50), Son Daris (25)
- Ardmore, OK
- Cheryl’s starting weight – 227 lb
- Daris’ starting weight – 346 lb
- Cheryl is ready to finally lose the weight she gained after having her children, and Daris is looking to finally find the girl of his dreams, or at least a first girlfriend.
- Mother Sherry (51), Daughter Ashley (27)
- Knoxville, TN
- Sherry’s starting weight – 218 lb
- Ashley’s starting weight – 374 lb
- Sherry is looking to lose the weight she gained after the death of her husband, and Ashley is looking to finally have a body she isn’t afraid to hide.
- Mother Patti (55), Daughter Stephanie (29)
- Lafeyette, CA/West Hollywood, CA
- Patti’s starting weight – 243 lb
- Stephanie’s starting weight – 264 lb
- Patti wants to put her fears of dying at a young age like her father did behind her, and Stephanie wants to stop using her weight as an excuse not to be in a relationship.
- Mother Maria (51), Son Michael (30)
- Maria’s starting weight – 281 lb
- Michael’s starting weight – 526 lb
- White is looking for a way to get healthy without giving up their traditional, old world Italian recipes.
- Husband Lance (38), Wife Melissa (39)
- Aspermont, TX
- Lance’s starting weight – 365 lb
- Melissa’s starting weight – 233 lb
- Lance hopes to move past the habit created when he was a child of not leaving the table before he had cleared his plate, and Melissa is ready to shed the more than 40 pounds she gained after getting married.
- Father O’Neal (51), Daughter Sunshine (24)
- O’Neal’s starting weight – 389 lb
- Sunshine’s starting weight – 275 lb
- O’Neal wants to get healthy to avoid dying at a young age like his brother, and Sunshine is looking to break a lifetime of unhealthy habits.
Interview: Danny Cahill, ‘Biggest Loser’ season eight winner: “I found myself” (Dec. 12, 2009)
‘The Biggest Loser’ recap: Danny named season eight biggest loser after 239 pound loss
Recent Manchester TV Examiner articles
‘The Bachelor’ season premiere: Jake Pavelka begins his journey “On the Wings of Love”
‘Desperate Housewives’ recap: Several deaths plague Wisteria Lane residents after crash
‘Secrets of Aspen’ series premiere: Cat fights, hot tubs and steamy hookups grace VH1 late night
Visit the Manchester TV Examiner homepage and Twitter page for TV recaps, news and interviews.