We all think we know what we want in a mate and sometimes we actually do. Sometimes, we need to consider what type of person would compliment the type of person you are. No matter what type of person you are, there are certain traits we all look for in the One.
1. Loyalty. We all need someone who will stand by our side through thick and thin. Someone who won’t run when things get hard. In return, you must give them the security of knowing that you won’t run either.
2. Responsible. If they are not responsible when you meet them, you should assume that they never will be. Responsibility touches on so many things that having an irresponsible mate can wreck havoc in your life. Unpaid bills, bad credit, forgetting to pick the kids up from the sitter and broken promises are just a few of the many problems that the future will bring.
3. Understanding. We all need to be with someone who gets us. Someone you know you can tell anything and they will still love you. Being able to communicate effectively is the foundation that a relationship is built on. No matter how much you love each other and how much passion you may have, if you can’t understand each other then nothing else matters.
4. Honorable. Honor is doing the right thing even when no one else is looking. Honor is treating you well even when you don’t know it. Someone who honors you is someone who values you for who you really are. We all deserve that.
5. Trustworthy. Trust is another one of those things that a relationship is founded on. You have to be able to trust someone with caring for your heart in order to take a relationship to a level beyond casual dating.
6. Intelligent. You need someone you can bounce ideas off of. Someone who who is a math whiz to go with your English major.
7. Sexy. Everyone needs some chemistry to go along with all of the other characteristics. If a person has the first six but not the seventh then all you have is a good friend.
Remember that a person should not be a fixer upper. We don’t get to take them and remake them. So make sure that you can live with a person as they are. That doesn’t mean that they won’t change but you shouldn’t count on it. So if you meet someone and they have some of the characteristics but not all of them, think about it very carefully. You may also want to take a look at New Years resolutions for love and Sexual Expectations.
Live, love and have great sex.