Weight Watchers is easily one of the most popular, most successful and most recognizable names in weight loss. For good reason – their nearly 50-year-old approach is healthy, flexible, convenient and has time and time again proven itself.
Not just for women anymore, Weight Watchers supports a broad clientele that includes both men and women of all ages. Counting their proprietary POINTS is not gender-specific, but the guidance provided is. Men and women will both count POINTS to help them stay within a daily target range of calorie/fat/fiber consumption (a formula that the POINTS calculation is based upon), but will receive targeted information that helps them live, eat and exercise in a way that’s best for them.
For instance, the fitness information provided for a man will be different from that of a woman, as their bodies and needs are different. Also, men aren’t as prone to “dieting” as women are, so the men will learn how to eat barbecue, burgers and beers without their boss or friends recognizing what’s going on.
Getting started with Weight Watchers is as simple as deciding you’re ready to turnaround your lifestyle. For Wichitans, Weight Watchers is incredibly accessible. Here’s how you can join and put to work for you one of the best weight loss programs around:
1. Join Online. Weight Watchers Online offers anonymity, convenience and a wealth of information and tools at the click of a mouse. You can manage your program on your time from anywhere- whether at home, vacation or traveling for business. All of the information you’d find in a traditional meeting is available via the secure Web site, plus many other robust offerings you won’t find in a meeting.
2. Join a Meeting. Meetings are the foundation of the Weight Watchers program, as that’s how they got started. These quasi weight loss support groups meet weekly and are organized by a meeting leader who educates attendees on how to use Weight Watchers and other information necessary for weight loss. Each week there is a private weigh-in and an opportunity to learn about diet, exercise, nutrition and even overcoming emotional barriers.
In the Wichita area there are five Weight Watchers locations at which you can participate in the meetings. Each location has a different meeting leader and a different schedule, often broad enough to accommodate any schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
1. Maple at Towne West Square
4800 W MAPLE #101
WICHITA, KS 67209
2. Rock & 21st at Tallgrass Shopping Center
2250 N ROCK RD STE 116
WICHITA, KS 67226
3. Life Point Church in Valley Center
400 S ABILENE
VALLEY CENTER, KS 67147
4. The Learning Center in Haysville
HAYSVILLE, KS 67060
5. Church of Christ in Derby
225 N DERBY
DERBY, KS 67037
Brandi Koskie is your Wichita Weight Loss Examiner. For more daily diet tips from Brandi, follow her on Twitter.com/DietsInReview.